In my blog 2btraveler I often recommend online transfer service kiwitaxi. You can use it to book a taxi from an airport in 102 countries all over the globe. In this article, I’d like to share my experience of using this service.
Why you should book a personal transfer service online
I would like to start with advantages and disadvantages of transfer services by kiwi.
Advantages of kiwitaxi:
- The order is made online, you receive the voucher to your email in a few minutes.
- The linguistic barrier is not a problem: you make an order on a multilingual website (besides English, you can select Russian, Italian, Spanish, German, Hungarian and 5 other languages), you specify the address right off when booking, and you don’t need to communicate with the driver (except for greeting him and saying goodbye politely). Moreover, in such countries as Italy, where almost no one speaks English, you won’t have to explain the driver in lay terms where you need to go.
- The price is known in advance, so the driver by no way can deceive you. He can drive you 3 times around the city – for you the price won’t change.
- You can make a pre-payment online or you can pay the full amount of the order, then you won’t have to bother with currency exchange upon arrival (for example, at the Prague airport, the exchange rate of Czech korunas is extremely unfavorable)
- It’s up to you to select a car class – economy, a minivan, an executive car or even a minibus. For example, I ordered a minivan and they met us in a minibus that is suitable for 8 people. At the same time, the price between economy class and a minivan differed by 4 euros only.
- At the airport, the driver meets with a sign; you won’t have to run around searching for a taxi parking.
- The international support service that responds to requests very quickly (personally checked)
- If the flight is delayed, the driver must wait for you. I informed about the delay and the driver arrived by the time the plane landed.
Disadvantages of kiwitaxi:
- More expensive than a common taxi. Currently, I think that it is the only disadvantage.
How to book transfer kiwi-taxi online
I offer you a small guide on booking a transfer service.
Start with visiting kiwitaxi.com or enter your data in the field below:
Click search and select a suitable option
Enter the required data: the address of departure and destination, flight number and arrival time. You should also select the number of passengers and additional options (booster chairs, water or return transfer). Don’t hurry to order the return transfer. After booking the first one, on your email you will receive a 5% discount on the return transfer.
Enter contact data
Proceed to payment. You can pay the whole amount by cash to the driver (you can add your card to the service), make an online prepayment or pay the whole amount.
Attention: you can cancel an economy-class service (including minivan) no later than 5 hours prior to the trip, but Business, Premium, Premium Minibus 6 pax, Minibus 10, 13, 16, 19 pax is available if only canceled earlier than 24 hours prior to the transfer time.
I chose 100% payment by card.
Enter your card data and pay.
Now you can download the itinerary receipt.
At the same time, you will receive an email with the itinerary receipt and information that the driver will be assigned in the next while. The letter specifies a meeting place at the airport and a link to order a return transfer with a 5% discount.
In an hour I received the letter with the driver’s contact information.
My review about kiwi-taxi service
Since I am not just the company’s client, but its partner as well and often recommend the service to my readers, I evaluated the service extremely strictly.
The booking process: there were no problems, the site is user-friendly, it’s not difficult to fill in a few forms: I copy the flight number from the tickets, the apartment address – from the airbnb confirmation. I didn’t understand the transfer free cancellation terms – when paying I saw the information about the cancellation 5 hours prior to the transfer time; after the payment – 24 hours prior. I contacted the support service, where they quickly (within about half an hour) explained that the free cancellation time for an economy class car – 5 hours, and the cancellation for Business, Premium, Premium Minibus 6 pax, Minibus 10, 13, 16, 19 pax classes is 24 hours.
I got the email with the driver’s contact details in 56 minutes after the payment.
In Moscow, our flight was delayed for 2 hours. In this case, kiwi promises that the driver will wait, but you need to warn him. I didn’t call the driver, but wrote to the client support service asking them to warn the driver. 5 minutes later I got a reply to my email.
As soon as we arrived and left the arrival hall, we saw the driver already waiting for us; I found my name on the “sign”, which was made of a tablet. The driver helped us with the luggage, showed the place to wait for him to drive up. In about 7 minutes, this minibus arrived instead of a minivan, where we could take our seat comfortably.
In my case, the minivan costs only 4 euros more than the economy class, but I thought it would be much more comfortable for 4 people and luggage than a small passenger car.
It took us about 25 minutes to get to Valencia (Malvarrosa beach). The driver helped us with the luggage again, but of course, he took no money, since I had made a 100% advance payment.
In general, personally I have found no disadvantages, everything run smoothly as I had expected. I believe that such a service is worth a small overpayment; then, you can travel comfortably and don’t worry about anything. Therefore, I recommend adding the service to your favorites!