Axa hotel is a three-star hotel located 500 meters from the Republic Square and literally 200 meters from the Florenc bus station. The second point was personally more relevant to us, since an evening bus flight to Warsaw was waiting for us, but I did not want to go far with suitcases. In the review I will tell about the hotel and show some photos.
The location of the hotel is shown on the map:
Distance to the main attractions:
- Republic Square: 500 meters
- Palladium Shopping Center: 500 meters
- Powder Tower: 800 meters
- Old Town Square and Astronomical Clock: 1.1 km
- Charles Bridge: 1.8 km
Read also my article “TOP-40 sights of Prague + map”
Despite the fact that the center itself is more than 1 km, this distance is overcome very quickly, because you are not walking along empty streets, but in the city center, looking at sights, cafes, shops, and houses. The road is flat, without slides, therefore, it is easy to go.
In extreme cases, at your service, bus number 194 from the Florenc stop will take you to the Synagogue, from where you can easily reach the Old Town Square. Or the Florenc metro, where you can get to Mustek station and walk along other streets 🙂 We did not use transport on this route, therefore, I can’t say anything.
How to get to the hotel
- By car (our option). We were returning from Karlovy Vary, it would not be difficult to drive to the hotel using the navigator, but parking is a little difficult. On the opposite side of the street – paid parking, in principle, to bring your bags, you can leave the car there.
Read also the article “Rent a car in Prague: my review”
- On foot from Florenc bus station. If there is not enough baggage, you can walk to the hotel in 7-10 minutes, it will not be difficult.
- By transfer / taxi from Prague airport. A group transfer will cost from 11 euros per person (taken to the hotel), individual transfer from 27 euros per car. In order not to wait for a taxi at the airport, it is better to book in advance Book transfer online >>>
Using public transportation is a bit trickier
- City bus number 119 to Nadraz Veleslavin, metro transfer to Wenceslas Square, then another tram connection 3/14/24
- City bus number 119 to Nadraz Veleslavin, metro transfer to Hradčanská, then change to tram number 8
- By express to Prague Main Station, metro transfer, 1 station to Florenc metro
- RegioJet bus from the airport to the bus station. Tickets, as I understand it, you need to buy in advance through the website https://www.regiojet.com/en. The ticket price is 2.60 euros, but for some flights “for tomorrow” there are no tickets anymore; therefore, it is better to purchase in advance. I learned about this route only when preparing the article, therefore, if someone used it, please leave a review in the comments.
Check-in and a room
Check in from 14:00, check out until 11:00. Honestly, I don’t remember what time we arrived, but settled us right away. At the reception there are Russian-speaking staff. They will help with everything, they will answer questions (By the way, one more “plus” to the hotel – a few days after the departure they sent an email with gratitude for the stay. A trifle, but nice!).
The room is large, however, they gave us a triple – one large double bed and one single.
The room has a refrigerator, kettle, desk, fan.
Normal bathroom – toilet, shower, sink.
Hotel amenities and meals
Wi-fi is free (kinda nice)
There is a SPA and even a swimming pool (for an additional fee, but, unfortunately, I can’t show the pool, I haven’t seen it)
Fitness center (also for extra charge)
There is no parking at the hotel, according to booking data – parking is not far from the hotel for 24 euros per day, which is quite expensive.
The price included breakfast. Buffet. Large selection
The only negative – since the hotel is a tourist, there are a lot of people for breakfast (there is enough food and space) and the restaurant turns into a noisy canteen. This, of course, is nitpicking, but after a secluded chalet in the Alps, where for a maximum of 3 families breakfast, this is a bit unusual 🙂
In September we paid 109 euros per night. For January 2018, rooms from 63 euros with breakfast (from 53 euros without cancellation), that is, in general, the hotel is inexpensive.
How to book
If you haven’t yet booked a hotel on your own, I recommend my article “5 reliable reservation systems” with booking instructions.